Lexi Mae

Lexi Mae

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday, December 6

Well, apparently it is going to be 1 step forward and 2 steps back for little Lexi. Today, the doctors and nurses discovered that her gag is gone again. No one is sure why or how it could come and leave so quickly. But, this means they have taken her off any oral feeds. This is obviously a HUGE disappointment to us as we were very optimistic about attempting these feeds. The other frustrating thing is that the longest we have any doctor is 10 days. No one is really able to get a good handle on Lexi's case because they rotate the Attending Physicians so often. There is a different Attending every weekend as well, so we will have to wait until Monday to get any type of answers as to what they think might be happening.

On a side note: I have had several people ask if I am still doing Tastefully Simple. While I obviously haven't done any parties or orders in the past few weeks, I am easily able to place orders while here in Columbus. If you would like any gifts for the holidays, please e-mail me at tsorders@yahoo.com and let me know what you'd like. Now that we are (unfortunately) getting into a routine in Columbus, I will be placing orders every couple of days during the holidays. The website to look at the items available is www.tastefullysimple.com.

Prayer Requests:
Pray once again for Lexi's gag reflex to come back. Pray also that the cardiologists and neurologist can start working together to figure out exactly what is going on with Lexi.

Pray for Cherie as she "deals" with the doctors and trying to insist on some answers for Lexi. This is becoming very taxing. Pray for wisdom and strength!

2 comments:

Kim Marquart said...

OH MY....this is so discouraging I know. MAN.....now....we have a nuerologist down there. Is there not a way for you to set up an appt with one at the hospital. Our nuerologist is at the hospital his offices....and is on staff. We never saw anyone but him OR his students. I don't know how your insurance works. His name is Dr Kosnik and he has a partner and they are pediatric nueorologists[ although do adult too because they eventually grow up and some people- myself included- don't want to change for Taylor. It's something to maybe ask about instead of jut being in a rotation.
Again if you need me call me please. I will give you what insight I can.
Praying for you all!!!! We need to arrange for a time for David to drop off your gift box....probably monday or tues...let me know a good time. I have a drs appt tues at 320 so we could drop if off after then if need be instead before or after david's work.

Amy said...

Little Lexi Mae! We are praying that the right doc will walk in the room this week and be able to figure all of this out for you. We pray God will guide him to you and help get you on the road to recovery and coming home. We love you!
Uncle Bill and Aunt Amy