Lexi Mae

Lexi Mae

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wednesday, December 10th

Happy 6 week birthday to Lexi Mae! She is now a whopping 7lbs! Lexi had a pretty slow day today and only had to do a hearing test, which she again passed with flying colors. Apparently, Lexi was pretty bored today. She has been extremely uninterested in her feeds so we have not been able to achieve her feeding goals for the day. She was, however, extremely interested in her feeding tube. Lexi managed to pull her feeding tube out 3 times today! The nurses finally had to tape mittens onto her hands and she managed to pull those off as well. Then, when the nurse came in to weigh her this evening, she gave the nurse a little present on her scrubs- the stinky kind! I think it's her way of telling the nurses that she wants to be left alone! We are so thankful that she has such a strong attitude though and is a little fighter! On a very serious note, tomorrow is our meeting with all the doctors. There will be at least 7 doctors present and we are hoping that this "meeting of the minds" will help us find some answers and set some recovery goals for Lexi.

Specific Prayer Requests:
Please pray for our meeting tomorrow at 3pm. Pray that there is clear communication between all the doctors involved and that we are able to find some much-needed answers!

Continue to pray for Lexi's feeds. Pray that she becomes more interested in her feeding so we can attempt the swallow test again next week!

Pray for the twins adjustment period as we sometimes need up to 4 sitters to cover the days when Jon is at work and my mom is in Columbus.

2 comments:

Kim Marquart said...

OH I am giggling and I know I shouldn't but it is wonderful to hear her fighting and being a baby like that. Remember if you need a sitter Taylor and Rachel I am sure would help out esp during Cmas break!!! I would be glad to be there with them if you would like. My inlaws can take me depending on the time of day etc....

PRAYING for you during the conference tomorrow and praying that she is more interested tomorrow in her feedings.
BLESSINGS!!!

Amy said...

Oh TOO funny! She doesn't have an attitude like Libby (or should I say, Aleah now?)does she??? Hee Hee! If so - you're in TROUBLE! Sounds good that she is interested in the tube - maybe she thinks it's a toy! Don't forget that while my 2 teachers kiddos are on Winter Break (22nd - Jan 2nd) I can keep the girls during the days as needed! I'll have 2 openings! You know they are ALWAYS welcome to come play, carouse with Ry, and terrorize Pasper (as they call him)!
Amy